Current Vacancies : Digital Producer
We now have a vacancy on our team for a part time freelance Digital Producer. This will initially be two days/week August to December 2022 and one day a week January to December 2023. We will seek additional funding in 2023 to extend the number of days each week, if possible.
We have a standard skilled freelancer rate of £250/day and you will have flexibility to work from home or potentially in an office setting when available. We have flexible working hours and you will be able to spread your time as you wish over the working week, deadlines permitting, though availability on Monday mornings at least once a month for team meetings is essential.
We are looking for someone who can take a lead on managing and developing our digital comms, to extend the reach and impact of our website, particularly our SDG Resource Hub, but also to enable more of our content to encourage behaviour change and enable users to take meaningful and measurable action to help reach the Global Goals. This is a ‘hands-on’ job with potential to have a significant influence on evolving the digital strategy for the Global Goals Centre. You will be supported by and be part of the Global Goals Centre Team.
We have additional funding for the user testing and audience research which will be carried out by Modular, our website developers and web production partners.
The role will deliver the following:
- Website and digital comms production
- Scope usability testing and audience research (with our website design team at Modular) with a focus on increasing engagement and developing criteria for measurable behaviour change.
- Scale up our audience reach and impact, developing the user journey, UX, content design and production.
- Responsibility for accessibility and compliance
- Design and launch additional material for our website, in particular the Resource Hub
- Manage the relationship with Modular
- Increase digital partnerships, locally and globally
- Plan and develop our digital comms with volunteer and GGC Comms Group support.
2. Manage volunteers and budget
- Assist in the formation and management of a Digital Advisory Group
- Manage volunteer/student support on both social media and web content
- Manage the budget for user testing, audience research and marketing.
- Produce an Impact report at the end of 2022 and plan responses to that research/user testing with help from the Advisory Group
- Develop a bid for additional second year funding.
Skills and experience
- We are looking for an experienced web/digital professional with a commitment to our agenda as an education charity working towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Excellent writing skills for web and digital comms
- A strong track record in delivering on budget and to production deadlines.
- Experience in managing user research and feedback processes and experience of working with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of WordPress would be helpful but training could be given if required.
- Ideas of how to increase engagement and interactivity in our digital comms
- Willingness to work flexibly and with young people and volunteers
To Apply : Send a CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to email@example.com, outlining
- how you meet the Skills and Experience criteria, including details of other websites and any social media accounts you have managed (including your own!)
- why you would like to join the team.
Closing Date : 8th August 2022
We will be shortlisting candidates and holding short interviews in person or on Zoom in August according to availability.
Global Goals Centre is an equal opportunities employer and we invite applications from people of all identities and backgrounds.
There are many ways you can support the Global Goals Centre.
We welcome business sponsors for both individual projects, our website and also developing the vision for the physical centre in Bristol.
We are a Partnership project and would love to have you with us!
Members of the public and companies can also support us through Donations and in kind support. We are looking for those with relevant experience to join our projects as both advisors and volunteers. University Students are particularly welcome on placements.
Our Resource Hub requires committed individuals to contribute content.
Get in touch and sign up for our newsletter. We’d love to hear from you!