The Bristol SDG Alliance is a group of interested stakeholders, from across Bristol, who have come together to advocate for the use of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to create a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable city and region that will be a beacon within the UK.
Following 3 successful years of engagement in the city the Alliance has grown to include over 170 members covering all three dimensions of sustainability: economic inclusion, environmental protection and social justice. Community organisations, academia, consultancies and businesses of all sizes come together in support of the One City Plan.
The network’s main aims are:
- to drive the policy framework for long-term sustainable development of the city and region;
- to connect business, public, civil society and academic actors in a forum to discuss, shape and improve SDG implementation in the city and region;
- to increase awareness and share best practice, information and activities within and among our own organisations and networks:
- to clearly link city and region and community-level action to global and national challenges.
We are proud that our Local Voluntary Review of progress against the SDGs has been shared globally!
The Alliance is:
- Free to join and no commitment
- A voluntary network of interested stakeholders
- A hub for SDG events, opportunities and information
- An active champion of the need to adopt the SDGs as an interconnected set of targets and goals
The Alliance is not:
- A decision-making body
- Politically affiliated
- Funded or a legal entity
Does your organisation support the SDGs? Join us! Email : email@example.com